Thursday

Dinah Shore House, Winchester TN





In April of last year I won a house at auction.  It is almost a hundred years old and the last owner had been in poor health.  The inspector said it was in pretty good shape considering.  But it looked bad and needed a lot of work.  Richard was discouraged and even I had a moment of panic after I made my bid.  I had only enough money for one bid and it was followed by complete silence.  What had I done?










For the last year Richard, Randy Judge and his friends, Randy’s mother and myself have transformed the house into the perfect studio and guesthouse.  I am across from the library, near a coffee shop and the post office.   I have lots of light and lots of room.  I love it.









From 5 to 7 on Saturday, May 7th,  
we are having an open house 
to celebrate our first year.
If you live near by, come see our progress,
my new paintings and a few old paintings. 
Look for the yellow house across from the library parking lot. 

This is the house where Dinah Shore was born.  

It has a plaque in front put there by the city. 

That week end is the International Dogwood festival. 
Come see the work that has been done
 on the restoration of our historic down town. 

I hope you can join us, Anne


5 comments:

  1. what a lovely post to invite people to your studio!I hope it is a gorgeous day and that you are overwhelmed with visitors! thanks for the reminder of the before and after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your studio looks delightful - only wish I could visit. Have a great open weekend. Look forward to some photos of the event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I truly, truly wish I could come. It sounds like a wonderful weekend. I am so inspired by what you have done with the house. Congratulations on your first year and best wishes for a fantastic open house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds like a lovely event. I wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see the full studio! I hope you post some pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete